The DiscipleCasts are short 10-15 minute daily programs designed to supplement one’s reading of The One Year Bible®, Tyndale House Publishers. For everyday of Bible reading, Dr. Greg Faulls shares practical insights gleaned from the passages read.
God’s plan is that followers of Christ would grow spiritually. Spiritual growth occurs as a believer comes to know and obey God’s Word. That is why reading scripture is so vital. Many Christians live their whole lives never reading through the entire Bible. How tragic!
DiscipleCast.org has been developed to encourage Christ followers to commit to reading through the Bible each year as a vital part of their spiritual development. The daily casts serve as an encouragement and as an additional support for finding inspiration in your daily scripture readings.
How should you use DiscipleCast?
- Daily set aside time to spend with God to pray and read the Bible. Protect this time. It is the most valuable time of your day.
- Read today’s section of Scripture from The One Year Bible® or simply by reading the passages listed for today’s date on this site. Ask God to speak to you through your reading.
- After reading and spending time in prayer listen to today’s DiscipleCast as a supplement to your study of God’s Word.
- As God speaks to you through the Bible, immediately begin applying what you have learned to your thoughts and actions.
- Let the scriptures shape your view of the world and your life. Remember His Word commands, “Be doers of the word, and not hearers only.” (James 1:22, NKJV)
DiscipleCast.org was created by Dr. Greg Faulls, Senior Pastor at Bellevue Baptist Church, Owensboro Kentucky.